“Easter.The Traditions of the Celebrating Easter.”
Мета: Активізувати Л.О. теми «Великдень». Практикувати учнів у читанні тексту з метою максимального точного та повного розуміння всієї інформації, що міститься в тексті. Підготувати учнів до самостійного висловлювання про національні святкування Великодня в Україні.
T. – Good morning, children. I am very glad to see you. How are you today?
II. Уведення в іншу атмосферу.
T. – Children, there are different holidays in our country. Now I shell read you one of them. Then you must tell me what holiday is this.
The holiday comes in spring. The cold dark days of winter are over. Birds return to sing. Grass and flowers begin to make a new carpet for the Earth.
The day of this holiday is not the same from year to year. But it always comes on the first Sunday after the full moon in spring. For Christians this holiday is the greatest religious holiday of the year. What holiday is this?
T. – Yes, this is Easter. And the topic of our today’s lesson is “Easter. The Traditions of the Celebrating Easter.” too
III. Активізація лексичного матеріалу.
T. – Easter as a great religious holiday has its own traditions.
T. – What traditions of the celebrating Easter do you know? (2-3 pupils)
- (P1 – I know that in Europe many people still observe the old custom of taking a walk after church on Easter. They like to walk through the fields to see the flowers and listen to the birds.)
- Well, It’s Ok. Thank you. Who can add else?
- (P2 – On Easter Sunday millions of Christians go to a hill, where they can see the sun rise. There is an old saying that the sun dances as it rise on Easter morning. )
- (P3- t this day many people go to the church, where they bless pasky, eggs, poppy and other foods.)
- One of the traditions is the decoration of Easter eggs.
- We have got Easter eggs too. Look here. There are many different Easter eggs on this table. They are very nice, aren’t they? Ancient people said, “that the Easter egg is the symbol of birth or rebirth.”
T. - Do you know something about Easter eggs?
- (P4 – To my mind it will be very interesting to know for everyone that in India and Egypt, people thought that the world itself began as a huge egg. Then the world egg split in two. The upper half become the heavens, and the lower half the earth.)
IV. Розигрування ситуації.
T. – I propose for you to play such situation. Some of you will be an English journalist. You arrived to Ukraine to get more information about the Ukrainian Easter traditions. Ask people about them. (Microphone, camera, 6-7 questions.)
V. Діалогічне мовлення.
T. - You decided to phone your friend and congratulate his or her with Easter. Do it using these mind maps ( на дошці 2 таблиці, 2 пари учнів на котроль)
VI. Робота з текстом.
1) етап підготовки.
T.- Easter is the feast, when Jesus rose from the dead. Who was Jesus Christ?
- What did he do? The answers on all these questions you shell find in the text “The life of Jesus.”
- Before reading, look at the blackboard. There are some new words.
The Life of Jesus.
Everyone know something about the life of Jesus. As a boy he lived in the small town of Nazareth. When he was about thirty years old he began teaching and preaching and healing the sick. His fame spread quickly.
Soon had twelve disciples or followers. Most of them were fishermen. They went with Jesus and learned from him as he walked through the countryside talking to the people.
Crowds gathered to hear Jesus preach. They found new hope and strength in the words he spoke. Many people began to say that he was the king or Messiah; they had been waiting for.
2)робота над текстом
а) читання (синхронний переклад)
b) речення True or False
1. Jesus lived in the small town of Nazareth.
2. Jesus began teaching, when he was forty years old.
3. Jesus had ten disciples.
4. Many people began to say that he was the king or Messiah.
5. On Friday evening Jesus ate the Passover supper in Jerusalem.
c) відповіді на запитання
1. When was Jesus born?
2. What did he begin to do when he was thirty years old?
3. How many disciples did he have?
4. When did Jesus eat in the Passover supper?
5. What commandment did he give his disciples?
VII. Аудіювання (перегляд фрагменту)
T. – Children, do you know who of Jesus’ disciples betrayed him?
T. – Now, I propose you to see this fragments from the film “Jesus” (15-20 min.)
T. – Did you like this fragments or not? Why?
T. – Whom do you blame? Why?
X. Підсумок уроку.