The theme: Places of interest in London
- to revise pupils’ vocabulary on the topic “The City”;
- to extend pupils’ knowledge about London;
- to develop pupils’ speaking, listening and reading skills;
- to revise grammar material « Degrees of Comparison»;
- to develop pupils’ imagination;
Equipment: a pupil’s book, a workbook, topical pictures, cards with tasks, a computer, a multimedia presentation, a map of London, a poster “Degrees of adjective”
1. Greeting and aim.
Teacher: Good morning, pupils! Glad to see you. How are you today? I hope that you are fine and you’ll be active at the lesson. A lot of people like to travel. So, today we are going to travel to Great Britain and around London. I invite you and our guests to London. But let’s remind the ways of travelling. What way shall we choose? How can we get to Great Britain? Look at the diagram, it will help you.