Тема: Їжа. Українська кухня
- навчати систематизувати і узагальнювати інформацію;
- повторити і закріпити лексичний матеріал теми;
- закріпити граматичний матеріал: 2-d Conditional;
- продовжувати формувати навички монологічного мовлення;
- тренувати учнів в аудіюванні і читанні;
- розвивати комунікативні навички учнів;
- виховувати повагу до культури харчування рідної країни та дбайливе ставлення до їжі як до складової свого здоров’я.
Обладнання: комп’ютер, проектор, інтерактивна дошка, картки із завданням для аудіювання, читання та письма з граматики, презентацію для обговорення
I. THE BIGINNING OF THE LESSON
I’m glad to see you too!
Greet our guests as well. Take your seats please. I hope you are in a good mood and you’ll do your best today!
Let’s talk about your favourite dish. What do you prefer?
II. THE MAIN PART OF THE LESSON
Theme, aim, motto, motivation
Theme of the lesson is “Food. Ukrainian cuisine.” Our motto of the lesson is “we eat to live, but we do not live to eat.
Aim: during the lesson we’ll:
recognize and revise vocabulary which we have learnt;
listen to the text;
read some information and discuss it;
speak and discuss different topics;
Review some grammar.
You are going to listen to the text “Chocolate in Europe”.
Your task is to decide if the statements (1-6) below are TRUE or FALSE according to what the text says.
An example (0) has been given.
0. The Cacao Tree grew in the rainforest. True
1. Chocolate was brought to Europe by the Spanish royal family. _____
2. Conquistadors were the first to add sugar and vanilla to the Aztec's drink. ______
3. Chocolate powder was exported from Spain to other parts of Europe in the beginning of the 17th century. ______
4. The Cocoa beverage arrived to England in the late 16th century. ______
5. Chocolate houses in Britain were the places to conduct business and socialise. _____
6. Chocolate in solid form appeared when a Dutch chemist, Johannes Van Houten, added cocoa powder to cakes. _____
Listen to the text again.
For questions (7-12) choose and circle the letter of the correct answer (A, B, or C) in the boxes on the right. There is always ONE correct answer.
1. The text deals with ____________________
A the process of making chocolate in Europe
В the cultivation of the Cacao Tree in Europe
С the milestones of chocolate production in Europe
2. The earliest record of chocolate______________
A was more than fifteen hundred years ago
В was more than hundred years ago
С in the early 17th century
3. The Aztec's drink_________________
A corresponded to the European taste
В was spicy and bitter
С sugary and vanilla flavoured
4. First chocolate factories were opened in Spain because
A the Aztecs shared their secrets with them
В the conquistadors brought it to Europe
С people in other parts of Europe didn't like it at first
5. The chocolate houses in England
A looked like coffee houses but were used as clubs by common people
В looked like coffee houses but were used by rich people
С were established for the foreigners only
6. Chocolate as we know it today first appeared in
В the Netherlands
Speaking comprehension “Ukrainian food”
Discussion on the presentation
Now you are ready to start reading. You have sheets of paper on the desks. There you can see the text on them. Please read it. Who wants to be the first?
The Mediterranean (1) of a large area of land that (2)____________________
from western Spain to the Middle East. Structured after traditional lifestyle habits of those in this area, the Mediterranean Diet is ideal for people who like to cook, enjoy Mediterranean
cuisine, and are interested in (3) a permanent lifestyle change. With very
few dietary restrictions, followers of the Mediterranean Diet are allowed (4)
all the things they enjoy, in moderation. (5) the customary Western style of
quickly eating large portions, the Mediterranean Diet places great emphasis on spending
time on preparing and enjoying small, tasty meals. Rather than (6) drastic
lifestyle modifications, this plan teaches people to choose low-fat, low-cholesterol foods that
(7) with flavour and (8) them feeling fulfilled. The Medi-terranean Diet aims to permanently improve long-term health.
1 A comprised B is comprised C is comprising D comprises
2 A is stretching B stretch C stretched D stretches
3 A making B makes C having been made D being made
4 A eating B having eating C to eat D eat
5 A Despite B In spite of C Unlike D Dislike
6 A making B make C having made D to make
7 A are packed B were packed C having been packed D are to be packed
8 A leave B leaves C left D will leave
Grammar (Clauses of Time and Condition – Future Action)
1. If I (be) in Bukovyna, I (help) myself to brynza.
2. If I (have) some dried fruit, I (make) uzvar or kysil.
3. I (can make) kvas if I (have) some dried bread.
4. If you (be) in Poltava, you (be invited) to taste Ukrainian borshch with halushky.
5. If you (ask) me what dessert I would like to have, I (mention) about apple pie first.
Well. It’s time to sup up our work at the lesson and put marks.
Write an essay “How to be a good cook” and create an advert for your imaginary restaurant.
Thank you for your work. I was glad to see you. Good-bye!