Пропонуемо Вашій увазі розробку уроку, створеного у співавторстві з метою надати учням додаткові можливості продемонструвати своі вміння, навички і досягненння з предмету, а також для стимулювання подальшої мотивації у вивченні англійської мви. Тема уроку - Daily Routines; Lifestyles and Life Problems. Використаний підручник - Upstream Intermediate B2. Урок розрахований на участь учнів усього класу, який складаеться з двох груп. Відповідно, у проведенні уроку бере участь учитель кожної групи.
Upstream Intermediate B2. Module 3 Unit 5.
The subject: daily routines: lifestyles and life problems.
The objectives: -mastering modals for advice, suggestions and possibi-
-mastering public speech, expressing opinions and des-
cribing emotions and feelings;
-training to use opinion expressions, linking words,
modals for advice, suggestions and possibilities in
oral speech and do multiple choice cloze format;
-teach students to interact with new partners and deal
with lifestyle problems;
-teach students how to organize their daily routine,
use their working hours and leisure time effectively
in order to have a healthy lifestyle.
Equipment: textbooks, multy-media station, audio recoeding of the
song Feelings(Morris Albert), tape recording of ex.31
p.78 SB, illustrative resources, crossword puzzle
prepared by a student(hometask), stationary needed for
a group survey.
THE PROCEDURE OF THE LESSON.
1. Students are asked by their teachers to comment on the proverb " Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" saying whether they agree with the proverb or not.
2. The subject and the aims of the lesson are announced.
3. Students are divided into groups of "Supporters", and "Non-supporters" according to their comments. Mixed groups (students of the 1st and the 2nd groups of the class working in the same group) appear and start their work delegating students-experts into a separate group of "Experts". Thus we have three mixed groups of the students of the same class solving the problems together.
1. Students are asked to express their opinions why they support or don't support the idea if having a daily routine using expressions of ex.30 p.28 SB.
2. "Experts" sum up students' ideas and give theirs.
III. Training multiple choice cloze format(exam training).
1. Students read the text of ex.26 p.76 SB idependently and do the task of the exercise. Then the text is read aloud by students of different groups and the answers are checked up using power point.
IV. Buzz- group activity. Group survey.
Teacher: now we see that daily routine is necessary. It helps us to
organize a healthy lifestyle. Without it our life can be filled with much stress. What is the way out? The best answer is to relax.
1. Students work in buzz groups using brainstorming to find out the best ways of relaxing(group survey). Then each group presents their ideas and makes comments on them.
2. listening activity.
Teacher: now let's see how other people overcome stressful situations. Students listen to ex.31 p.78 SB and do the task. The answers are checked up with the help of power point.(Each group can present their answers).
3. Experts summarize students' ideas, evaluate them and give their comments on the problem.
Teacher: now it's time to relax. Let's listen to a nice song and do the crossword puzzle made by a student of the class.
Students listen to the song "Feelings" doing crossword puzzle.
Optional activities with the song if time permits are: fill in the missing words into the lyrics, put the parts of the song into logical order, write down as many adjectives describing feelings in the song as possible, etc.
VI. Summary of the lesson and evaluation of the work done with comments.
VII. Hometask: write a letter of advice to your friend about the ways of avoiding and reducing stress in your life.